Sunday, December 24, 2006

Blessings

Seeing that Camille will be turning one in three days, I'll save all my writing for then, so be prepared. Well, of course now that I've set myself up for something I'll totally drop the ball and not write anything special for her first birthday.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry, I had to pick myself up off the ground there. The mere thought of my itty bitty baby now not being so itty bitty anymore makes me feel a wee bit faint. I'm still looking around and trying to figure out where this year went exactly. Last Christmas Eve I sat waiting, already giving up the hope that I would be spending Christmas day with my family. Everyone knew I wouldn't go early but would go late. Everyone but me. Maybe I did know but just wasn't ready to convince myself of it. I was huge and but still comfortable and praying for Camille to come alive and healthy. The 40 plus weeks of pregnancy, although enjoyable, did not come with a lot of stressful mind games. Because I miscarried before her pregnancy, I was sure that this pregnancy just wouldn't produce a child.

Each and every milestone I had in my mind we blazed through: First trimester, 20 week ultrasound, the dreaded 29 weeks when my dear friend lost her son. Every milestone of which I knew of someone else loosing their baby but now the final one was approaching. I was terrified the other shoe would hit at the birth. I knew of someone who lost her daughter at 40 weeks, so I wasn't out of the woods just yet.

This morning, as we stood during the worship service at church, I couldn't help but feeling an overwhelming sense of joy followed by a rush of tears. Here a stood, exactly a year later holding this precious gift in my arms. Everything else bad that this year brought just seems a distant memory compared to the blessings around me. I hope and pray that each and every one of you can experience the joy that I have been blessed with. And if you're in a time of troubles right now, that you'll hold on and know that it won't last forever, trust me, it does get better.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Blog Archive