Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oh Dear God

This morning I have woken up quite witty and sarcastic. A little on the snarky side here but it sure as hell beats panicky and teary, right? right? I'm so witty today that I shall share with you my sheer disappointment that Camille is not sick.

"Okay, she's really gone insane if she's disappointed that her first born is not sick"

See, yesterday she was just plain awful, terrible, cranky. At first I thought she was feeding off of my mood but then she slept. For 1 1/2 hours. Straight. Per nap, which is not my daughter. I made a plan that if by morning she was still cranky I would bring her to the doctor. You know what happens when I go to the doctors? I get free formula, and free Tylenol and whatever else they have in stock. Do you know how great it would be right now to get a months worth of free formula? I was all excited. Yes, we would go in tomorrow morning. Ahhh, it would be great.

But then, my excitement of the doctor came crashing down on me as I realized my sweet first born was not in fact sick but instead was teething. Another tooth. Her upper tooth. HER UPPER TOOTH!! What!?!? Is that even possible? Well, Google says it is and her little gum this morning revealed what she was so painfully working on yesterday. Although it didn't cut through last night, it did leave a tiny cut and her mood is back to normal.

You know what that means don't you? No free formula. So today I shall venture out and shop. Something I have not done since Wednesday. I'm going a wee bit over board and not spending a dime on anything. I'm hoarding the money**. But today I must spend some and that makes me a little bit woosey but I'm sure I'll pull through. We also need a baby gate so I guess I'll go get one of those to. My rule right now is only the necessities for the moment until D gets another job. And yes, a baby gate is a necessity because I would like to use the bathroom again without my daughter chewing through the wires. Oh, did I forget to tell you? She's crawling. EVERYWHERE!! I used the stroller as a baby gate yesterday locking her in the hallway so I could empty the car but it felt very ghetto and wasn't as safe as I thought it could be. So, off to spend money. Oh dear God.

Not like this post isn't long enough already, the amazing Lisa has tagged me, moi!! And you know how giddy that makes me feel. Oh yes, something amongst this crap right now that has made me giddy. So, while I reluctantly pull out that credit card, enjoy my ABC'S!!

**I'm being extremely dramatic. EXTREMELY, it's seeping here, did you catch that folks?

A is for age:
I'm 30 and I don't feel good or bad about it. I have never felt much about my age but more about where I am in my life.

B is for booze of choice:
If you really know me and know my site you know the answer to this question. If you don't know leave a comment and we'll all clue you in.

C is for career:
Well, I worked retail from age 17 until I married D. I love non-profit and that is where my heart is. After graduating from college I landed my dream job at a Drug rehab program but the pay was terrible and terrible pay doesn't mix with living in the D.C. area so back to retail. After getting married and moving to the Woodchuckland I was able to go back to non-profit but this time in the field of adoption.

D is for your dog's name:
I do not like dogs. At all. I should clarify. I like other people's dogs but wouldn't want one. I LOVE cats. My cats name is PennPenn and my other cat is Preshus, she lives with my mom.

E is for essential items you use/love everyday:
Coffee...can't start my day without it.

F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:
At this exact moment it's Held by Natalie Grant but tomorrow it could be something completely different, like Nora Jones or Linkin Park, I have quite the taste for music.

G is for favorite games:
Ummmmm...yeah, Soduko, I'm a dork. I don't care.

H is for hometown:
Same as the booze question.

I is for instruments you play:
I used to play the piano now I play the remote.

J is for jam or jelly you like:
Neither. I hate all breakfasty foods.

K is for kids:
If you don't know that one we have problems!

L is for last kiss:
I kissed my Mommy goodbye.

N is for name of your crush:
My DVR box. I'll enjoy while we have it.

O is for overnight hospital stays:
Camille's birth. My very first time, ever.

P is for phobias:
Oh dear God where do we begin. I'm OCD so the list just goes on and on. We can start with dirty floors. Other people's bathrooms that aren't perfectly clean. Milk out of other people's fridge. Make that yogurt too. Stopping the microwave without it being on a 5 or a 0.

Q is for quotes you like:
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; Tell your storm how big your God is"

R is for biggest regret:
I honestly don't have any. There are things I wish I didn't do but I don't rehash them to the point of regret.

S is for sweets of your choice:
Anything and everything with chocolate.

T is for time you wake up:
Ask Camille. Typically 7:30'ish...she's a great evening sleeper.

U is for underwear:
Victoria's Secret....duh!

V is for vegetables you love:
I love vege's. Kale, green beans, squash....you name it, I'll eat it.

W is for worst habit:
Daydreaming...it's a bad habit when I begin to ignore you and drift into my own thoughts.

X is for x-rays you've had:
Let's just assume they mean recent x-rays so that would be after Camille's birth for numerous chest x-rays thanks to the double pneumonia.

Y is for yummy food you make:
I would say my Roast but D would probably say Sweet and Sour meatballs.

Z is for zodiac sign:
I really don't care about this stuff. Call me old fashion but I just stick by the Bible.

No comments:

Blog Archive