Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Freedom

As I've read through some sites today I've noticed that a lot of people are getting political on this day. I guess it isn't to shocking, seeing that today is a day that marks our country's freedom but what is shocking to me is how strongly opinionated many of these writers can be, which is easy to do. Trust me, I am strongly opinionated when it comes to the current politics but I make it a point here to not state my political views. I'm not at all intimidated by people disagreeing with me nor do I fear stepping on toes, not intentionally. But I know, for a fact, that my views on politics do no coincide with some of my readers views and really, there is no need to start a revolution here. There are two things that you don't talk about in friendships, religion and politics, two very sensitive topics that can tear even the most solid friendship to pieces. And you? You are my friends. Even those of you I don't know, I don't want to purposely offend you either and when you talk about politics it can just be assumed that someone will be offended.

But I can say this.

Today I do celebrate my freedoms.

My freedom of choice.

My freedom of speech.

My freedom from religion allowing me to worship how I see fit.

What freedoms are you thankful for?

She enjoys her freedom of choice like her Mama.

The freedom to daily choose to nap or not nap.

Happy 4th of July.



No comments:

Blog Archive