Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Now What?

I realize that I have no reason to complain about my daughter when it comes to her sleeping habits. Camille has slept through the night since she was 10 weeks old, by my definition that is. By others standards she began doing this at 6 weeks. She would go to sleep by 11 p.m. and go until 6 a.m. occasionally waking once or twice a week around 3 a.m. for a feeding. But by 10 weeks she was sleeping from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. and to me thats what counts. Now, at 4 1/2 months she sleeps from 7:30 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.

Sounds lucky, huh?

Well there's a catch. You know how all the professionals say you should sleep when your newborn sleeps? That your newborn should sleep for hours at a time? Apparently Camille must have missed that speech and has never, ever slept more than an hour at a time. Recently, last week specifically, she decided that she no longer needs to nap, ever and it gets worse by the day. Just this morning she decided that she only needed a 5 minute nap but I needed a shower! So, I left her in her crib. Sometimes good hygeine trumps everything. She ended falling asleep but that was only after great protest. As I stood in the shower today I decided I would post about my frustration.

I would post about how I'm desperate to have an hour each day to myself to just sit and drink hot chocolate by the window.

I would post how in order to have time to me, just me, I typically end up staying up after midnight because that's the only time everyone is asleep and will be for a large stretch of time.

It was going to be a great post. Witty and full of slap happy jokes. I would bitch and moan and then you kind people would offer me great advice on how to get her to nap.

You know what she did today?

She slept from 1:00 - 3:45 p.m. giving me my time for hot chocolate, window gazing and im'ing.

I have nothing now. Except pictures. Lots and lots of pictures! Don't ever say I don't love you people.






No comments:

Blog Archive