Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Caleb Robert

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how to begin a post like this so I'm just going to through it out there.

For those of you following the life of Caleb, I am saddened to report that he passed away last night at 11:05 p.m. Caleb was born 13 weeks early on October 10, 2005. Each day for him presented a new struggle that he courageously would overcome amazing his doctors and parents. He was improving and growing and learning the essentials that would ultimately allow him to leave the hospital and go home. However, yesterday he took a turn for the worse and his little body just couldn't fight off the infection.

Also, during all of this, Elizabeth learned a few weeks back that she was expecting her second child.

I never had met Elizabeth in person but grew to care about her and her family through my dearest friend Heather who also lost a son who to was born prematurely. When Elizabeth went into labor Heather called me and asked me to pray, it felt like September 2003 all over again. We had gone through this with Garrett but were hopeful that Caleb would make it. I am certain though that Elizabeth can use some words of encouragement, so I urge you to please go over to her site and send her your condolences.

No comments:

Blog Archive