Monday, April 24, 2006

False Advertising

I'm in a foul mood right now.

Maybe it's because my period started today.

Maybe it's because my milk is drying up quicker than the Sahara and there isn't a thing I can do about even though I pop the Fenugreek pills 3 times a day.

Maybe it's because I feel like a horrible Mom for not breastfeeding like I should have from the beginning, regardless of the my illness, dammit I should have been Superwoman because then I wouldn't be in this situation.

Maybe it's because all the milk that I painstankingly pump keeps going sour because the damn refrigerator isn't cold enough.

Maybe it's because I have people living above me who sound like a herd of elephants each time they walk from room to room.

Whatever the main issue is, be certain that I'm in a pissy, sad, a little depressed mood. And when a girl gets into a pissy, sad and a little depressed mood she's goes on a blocking rampage and blocks IP addresses so certain people can't read her site.

I know, it's false advertising, you become friends with me. You think I'm nice, and quiet, and non-opinionated and then you stumble upon this site and go back and quickly read the fine print and realize that, WOW, this girl isn't that nice, she seems very loud and she stands on a soap box a little to often.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have invited people who know me in real life to read this site. Maybe if I could go back and do it all over again I'd just make a site and not tell a soul and the only people who would stumble onto it would be complete strangers who, when given their two cents, I wouldn't care that much because I didn't know you and didn't have to interface with you.

But, I can't go back, all I can do is block you until you catch on and reset your IP address.

I'm so annoyed that I can't even speak eloquently but thank God S.J. has already summed it up so wonderfully:

".....I find it best to bite one's tongue because do you really want to wonder if the doctor is acting snooty towards you because she's having a bad day or that she read your blog? I've had too many times in my life where I've wondered "Gee, um...yeah so did she read about that?"

I could change the web address and just start from scratch but I've met so many interesting people through this site and I do have wonderful friends in real life who can read this and not be shocked most likely because they really do know me well. So, for now I'm going to try this route and it's not to punish you but more to salvage friendships.

I'm off to sulk.

No comments:

Blog Archive