Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Remembering

A year ago today, exactly this particular day, March 8, 2005, D and I discovered we were pregnant for the first time. It would be an understatement to say that I was ecstatic. I remembering staring at that stick, at those beautiful two lines as they kindly reminded me that yes of the best news I could have possibly heard. I would run back and forth checking the results throughout the evening, just in case it changed it's mind. I would also go out that night and buy some food because I knew once I was pregnant I would have to begin eating meals such as breakfast, and that no, coffee did not count when you have another life to sustain. I would buy Orange juice and Granola bars that evening only to toss them out just one week later because you didn't need that kind of stuff when you weren't pregnant anymore. But let's not focus on the aftermath right now, let's just sit with the memory of the joy that I felt for those short lived days and remember the bliss of sheer ignorance of what was hiding around the corner.

No comments:

Blog Archive