Friday, January 13, 2006

Cruel Days

You want to know what's cruel?

When your newborn baby actually falls back to sleep in the early morning after her feeding and every attempt you make to sleep fails miserably. Very cruel and unusual punishment my friends. Imagine the frustration if you will when even the cat is asleep and you are the only one in the whole freakin' place wide awake. Needless to say it's been a very sleepy day.

And a sad day too.

Here I am being all "I only have 3 days left with Derek home all day" feeling sorry for myself and during my pity party my father lost his cousin and close friend who passed unexpectedly today of cancer. My heart breaks for him. So, to cheer Dad up, I leave him this picture. I know it won't make it better, but at least he can smile as he gazes at the chubby cuteness while we shake our fists at the cancer that keeps creeping into our family.


No comments:

Blog Archive