Friday, December 16, 2005

Tainted Genes

So? Um? Let's say you sent someone a package. And that said package gets returned to you. You don't keep communication with this person so you would have had no way of knowing whether they've moved or not. What would be your initial response internet? Would you leave a message on their voice mail saying something along the lines of this:

"Hey family member who I rarely speak with therefore not knowing if you've moved I sent you something, it came back refused, did I have the right address?"
~OR~

"Um, I sent you something for your baby and it came back refused so did you just not want it, or did you refuse it because it was from me because if you didn't want it that's okay but just let me know"

Dearest internet, I am embarrassed to say that someone in my gene pool actually left the second message on my machine yesterday. And, I wish I could say that I threw some sarcasm into that quote, but unfortunately that is almost verbatim. And my father wonders why I don't actively pursue a relationship with his precious nieces. I have more intelligent conversations with my 8 year old nephew.

P.S. No baby, no changes, no nothing.

No comments:

Blog Archive