Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankfully

I still have an entire 60 minutes left to officially speak about Thanksgiving in the present tense. Hopefully everyone, turkey lovers and not, have enjoyed their days as much as D and I have. Of course I'm only assuming that he has had a good Thanksgiving, but I feel like it should be pretty accurate assumption because he has been able to watch both football games that were important to him. Typically in my mom's house there is no T.V. on during family time and with us spending Thanksgiving at my sister's in P.A. the rule is basically the same. But this year I made an effort to make sure the games were on and to my surprise? We all, including my mother, sat together with the game playing and no one collapsed.

Even with all the drama surrounding this holiday, and not all of the family willing to participate, I think I can honestly say it has been one of the best Thanksgiving's we've had in a while. I don't know exactly what made that way, I'm sure D would attribute it to the football, but it's been the day has been very enjoyable. Tomorrow morning, bright and early at 5 a.m. my sister, mom and I will embark in what will be a 2nd year tradition and shop. I am thoroughly looking forward to it. And waking up 5 a.m.? No problem, I'll probably be awake anyway, we don't sleep well these days. But, I'm thankful for it because it means that so far I have been able to carry this little cherub for 36 weeks and that thought that makes me even more thankful for D for being such an amazing husband, for friends who feel like family and the family who will always be my best friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive