Monday, September 12, 2005

You've been spared

You all can thank Mary once again because she has saved you tonight from another entry chuck full of indigestion complaints and my take on Maalox and how I pretend I'm back in college again taking shots. If I could do some Absolute I should be able able to handle some strawberry flavored Maalox, right? But, tonight isn't about that, tomorrow, well, that's another story. And....I seriously have been on the phone for the past 4 hours people playing catch up to all the patient individuals who have left messages in the past month. Keep in mind I'm only up to last week, so, if you've left a message after that I'm getting to you. But, like I said, Mary has saved you tonight, but I don't think she'll have the special powers to save you tomorrow as I sit in boredom at work.

Ten years ago: I had just graduated from high school that summer and had started my freshman year at college which, I met a boy who was 21. First boy I met who was 21 so I sorta blew that first semester!

Five years ago: I had just graduated from college! Yep, that 21 year old boy didn't lead me to the road of demise. I had just received a degree in Psychology from Geneva College and was ready to take on the world. At this exact month 5 years ago I realized that D was NOT going to have the courage to move this relationship forward and I realized that I loved him to much for it to stay the way it was. A month later I would decide to have one of the most important conversations of my life. A month after that conversation I was engaged to D....something I had written about in my journal 8 years earlier.

One year ago: I was working at the place of my current mental demise and found out that my Dad had Mantle Cell Lymphoma. 2 weeks following that blow, we found out that my mom had Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer. Last Fall sucked, I'm thinking this Fall will be much better as I am pregnant with my first baby, my Dad is fighting his cancer and my Mom beat her cancer!

Five snacks: Good Cheese and Salami (just like my Dad), Chewy Candies, avocado, Tomato with Mayo....keep in mind, this is coming from the cravings of a pregnant woman.

Five songs I know all the words to: "Power of Two" by the Indigo Girls, "The Wood Song" by the Indigo Girls.....how ironic, Mary and I both know the words to these songs! She rocks! "Not an Addict" by K's Choice, "Thank You" and "UR" by Alanis Morissette.

Five things I would do with $100 million:
1 - Buy my Mom hearing aids
2 - Position my mom so she is in financially stable life where she never has to worry about ends meet again
3 - Buy D a Porsche
4 - Pay off all debt
5 - Invest the money wisely so D and I could enjoy life with no worries of money ever!

Five places to run away to:
1 - My Mom's in D.C.
2 - My Dad's in Florida every February
3 - Target
4 - Thrift Store
5 - My car with some good C.D.'s

Five things I would never wear:
1 - Trendy designer name brands (a.k.a. Armani)
2 - Denim on Denim together
3 - Ankle biter jeans
4 - High Water pants
5 - Lace, fruffy tops

Five favorite TV shows: Sex and the City, Amazing Race, Veronica Mars, Real World, Desperate Housewives

Five biggest joys: the birth of each niece and nephew, first time Miss Priss kicked me, the moment my Mom came out of surgery....cancer free, each positive pregnancy test, my first year of marriage...every morning when I would wake up and realize that we no longer had to do the long distance!

Favorite toys: My laptop, digital Camera, my cat, D...yeah, well, he's fun to pick on, my car

Five people to pass this on to: again, only know 2 other people w/ sites who actually take the time to read my wee-one!

Steph...you know, pregnancy, working full-time, we gotta have something to keep us awake!
Jenn...let's see if she ever reads my site!

No comments:

Blog Archive