Saturday, July 02, 2005

Better late than never

You are really going to think that I am such a poor internet friend when I tell you this. If you know me in real life and saw me anytime past Thursday you are excused because I'm counting that as telling you, even if I just told you in person like 2 hours ago because really, it's quite difficult to write when you're sound to sleep on the couch at 9:30 p.m. Really, how pathetic is that? The girl who used to be the life of the party in college, no matter what I consumed still very much awake until the early morning and here I am now just praying for a nap and the strength to not wet my pants while walking around Target. Ahhhh....growing up is hard to do sometimes.

But anyway, the reason why you will think of me poorly: I had my second my prenatal appointment on Thursday. The fact you all didn't even know about the appointment is a big step because if you look back over the past 16 weeks you might remember the begging and pleading for good karma and crossed body parts for a positive appointment. There was no anxiety posted here last week, there was no upset stomach leading up to the appointment. I am sure I could chalk that up to my miserable existence at work at the moment which has me slightly distracted but I would like to think that my laid back attitude could be due to the fact that I have begun to ease more comfortably into this pregnancy.

Again, the point: I heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was very comforting and made all the sickness and stress rewarding. And to top it off, it turns out I have only gained 3 lbs. so far in this pregnancy! I can't even tell you how wonderful that was to hear. Coming from the girl who's obsessed with her body and has been super careful to eat (which I really didn't make part of my daily activities before this) and eat as healthy as possible....it has all paid off. It was a good day. And to celebrate, over dinner with good friends, I gained the remaining weight as I guilt-free inhaled my chocolate souffle and came to the numbing conclusion that yes, indeed, I will be extending my NY visit for at least a couple more seasons.

No comments:

Blog Archive