Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I feel so bad that it has taken me this long to post an update, but not only did I have a fun packed busy week, I also was dealing with dial-up internet at my mom's! My week was incredible though way too fast. It is such a warm feeling being in the company of 3 of my best friends ~~ my mom, and 2 sisters. And ofcourse being adored by 6 amazing children is music to an Aunt's ears!! My visit began on Wednesday to a day at a water park that Anthony James refers to as the "Lazy river". The day was so much fun and my first day of the summer being able to bask in the sun, I desperately needed the sun! Thursday we took all 6 of the kids to Sears to get their pictures taken. While we were there we took the opportunity to have group pictures taken of the "**** Girls 4". I don't think Mom, Jenn, Liz and I have ever had a professional picture taken, so this was very special. Jenn's 32nd Birthday was on Friday, so that day was her day, she got to call the shots (which really isn't that much different than any other day!). We brought the kids to Wolf Trap to see tap dancing. When I was young my mom would bring us to the park to spend the day, it was great sharing this experience now with this generation. That same day, later in the evening my Uncle George, Aunt Susie, Cousin Steve and his wife Stephanie arrived from Florida for Sunday's family reunion. And ofcourse Derek drove down to join the excitement. Unbeknownst to Jenn, when we went to pick up Tom from the airport, he had planned a fun evening at Dave & Busters! She was quite shocked when he took the I-495 exit, she finally caught on though and her immediate comment was "Why did you let me out of the house wearing this, and my makeup!!". Ofcourse, everyone was a part of the plan, I packed her makeup and Derek and the boys had a bag of clothes that mom sent with them. The evening was a lot fun, it was great getting to know our cousin Steve's new wife Stephanie and playing games like we were kids! Saturday was supposed to be our annual July Jubilee (a day when we go to Cameron Run to celebrate everyone's birthdays from June to August) but the weather was not allowing this to happen, overcast skies and rain. It turned out not to be that much of a disappointment though, we were all so tired from our 2 a.m. bedtime that we enjoyed the rest. We decided to just reschedule for September, so do we call it now the "September Jubilee"? Well, Sunday was our Family Reunion, it went wonderfully, but it was very bittersweet because I knew it was time to end our fun week and say goodbye. There were many many tears and numerous hugs goodbye, but we finally got on the road at about 4p.m., had an uneventful drive back to New York arriving at 11:30p.m., not bad. Ofcourse work on Monday for both Derek and I was quite painful!!

During my visit home on Saturday my dear dear friend Heather went into labor!! After 2 1/2 hours of pushing they had to do an emergency c-section, but everything turned out well and at 4:44 p.m. on July 24th Connor Pearce was born weighing 8lbs. and 20.5 inches long. He and mom are home as of Monday evening. Please continue to pray for she and Ken as they adjust to this little life being in their home and as they continue to grieve the loss of their first son, Garrett Pearce.

I believe that is all the catching up I have to do for now. I still have not gotten any of the film developed, so check back for pictures of my fun week in Virginia. For those of you who actually take the time to read this, Thanks!!

No comments:

Blog Archive