Monday, February 23, 2009

For Consideration

I don't know how to start this thing back up but several of you have sent very sweet request for it to resume and I have taken your pleads into consideration.

It's not that I don't want to write anymore or didn't want to. I never lost the desire although I could very easily blame time as the main culprit. No, it is none of these reasons really. I stopped because I had to. I stopped because the things that were going on in my life needed to be kept private. The one thing I have learned in my almost 5 years of blogging is when to shut the hell up. What topics are privy for the reading public to know and what topics need to be swept under the rug. In the interest of healing relationships, I knew the healthiest thing to do was to close shop otherwise I would just write fluff, words with no meanings because the thoughts and concerns swirling around in my head needed to be kept between me and those people not me and all you lovely people. It was just time to stop.

I lay awake some nights, even in the past 8 months or so, with half written post swirling in my head, wishing I could muster up the energy to get out of bed and put them in writing but my long busy days win out and I fall asleep with all those well constructed sentence vanished in thin air by the time I wake up. I go about my day without a inkling of a thought about writing but yet return to the same spot each night, same thoughts, same post.

So, I don't know if this is me coming back or me granting all of you an explanation for my silence but I promise I'll think about.

No comments:

Blog Archive