Thursday, January 04, 2007

Freak Out

Houston, we have a problem.

Apparently, people like me, they really like me. Or maybe they really like Camille. Or quite possibly they have absolutely nothing better to do on a Saturday except come to a First Birthday Party.

Regardless, the point here is there will be a butt load, yes, a butt load of people waltzing through my house on Saturday for Camille's friend party. This was totally unexpected for a number of reasons.

First, I sent emails before Christmas telling everyone when the party was and to expect invitations which I wanted to make but didn't because I was WAY over my head. I sent eVite thingy's instead on Sunday. I assumed everyone would have already made plans.

Secondly, I assume because the party was on a Saturday that a handful of our close friends would not be able to make it because, well, it's a Saturday and around here Saturday's are family time. I thought maybe people would want to stay home.

Thirdly, I didn't think people actually liked me. Maybe this third one is really just a personal issue but it still was a contributing factor in my "It'll be just a few people" mentality.

I was expecting 4 adults and 5 kids.....I will now be expecting 10 adults and 11 kids.
A few of my good friends, who will be attending the party, are fully aware that I'm freaking out. They have assured me it will go fine and I'm sure it will. I'm sure I'll look back at this post and shake my head for being so "dramatic". But right now, I'm freaking out..

Her? She has no concerns, she's all about the party.

No comments:

Blog Archive