Friday, September 08, 2006

Seasons Ending

Do you all hear that?

Shhhhh.....turn off your TiVo or DVR and listen closely.

Hear it?

You want to know what that sound is?

That is the sound of someone exhaling the large amount of air they breathed in 3 weeks ago. And of course that someone is me. I can finally breathe again.

Now, if you've been keeping up with everything you already know what I'm about to say and you deserve a enormous gold star.

D was offered a job today.

There it goes again, that wonderful, relaxed feeling of exhaling.

He won't be able start probably for another few weeks, so it will still be a wee bit tight around here, BUT....there is a bright shining light at the end of this tunnel. You would have thought that someone just handed us a million dollars the way we were today. I've starred at D's cellphone for days now willing it to ring. Willing for the company to call. Just call, just ring, just do something. But for days now, there was nothing. The phone just sat there, useless. Last night desperation began to set in as our time is running out. This morning I whispered a prayer, well more of a plea, making God aware just how desperate I was feeling. "Please God", I prayed, "please come through today. I am running low on strength". And just moments later, as D was on the phone with Time Warner his cellphone finally rang as he finally announced that for once it was the call we had been anxiously waiting for. I do feel bad for the poor Time Warner lady because as she proudly went over she schpeel I was forced to interrupt her and announce that she was no longer speaking to Mr. {my husband's last name}, that he had to go take a more important call, I think she forgave me.

I'm sure I will be writing more about all of this later, but for now,before we can sit down for lunch, I need to thank each and every one of you for your amazing support. Almost all of you I will never actually meet in person but feel such a awesome connection with. Each of you, your thoughts, prayers and kind words have meant so much. And, of course, your dedication to this little site of mine, for coming back even after I spew my frustration day after day, well, that means so much, so so much.

I'm so happy today is Friday because this will be the first weekend that D and I will actually be able to enjoy. Weekends have been bad because interviews and job offers don't come on Saturday's and Sunday's. But this weekend? I think we're going to go shopping for new work pants. Boring? Possibly. Mundane? Sure. But for us, it symbolizes a end of a season, one I don't ever want to see again.

Now, as you can imagine, I'm estatic and want nothing more than to read something that will make me laugh harder than I usually would and I have found just the site. Oh my gosh, D has been looking at me like I've finally snapped and gone looney as I have been unable to control my laughter. It starts as a snicker but then I just erupt and I'm sure you will too. So if you're reading this at work, please, I warn you, you might want to wait until you get home to read Hello insomnia. She's great! She's a new, young Mama of a sweet little boy. After reading her obligatory about me page, I found myself, aside from sheer laughing, impressed by her wonderful writing style and I'm pretty sure you will to.

Enjoy your weekend, and give yourselves a big hug from me. Now, when I hug people, I tend to do that little rub of the back thing with my right hand. So, just to make it authentic, you might want to throw that in for good measure!

No comments:

Blog Archive