Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I do


I've learned how to wake up consistently at 7:30 every morning

I've learned to sleep without a monitor but still wake from a dead sleep to the sounds of a cry

I've learned that showers are optional

I've learned that I have quick reflexes against the ever flowing river of spit up

I've learned that Clinique Happy does an amazing job at masking the stench of old spit up

I've learned breaking into a rendition of the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" can calm even the loudest scream

I've learned that being emotional is not always a bad thing

But mostly?

Mostly I've learned that sometimes the other shoe just doesn't always have to fall. That sometimes God really does shine His grace down on me.

I love my daughter more than any silly words could ever allow me to express.

I have felt blessed each and every day of these past 6 months, even with our rocky start. But even then, it made me want to be a better Mom to this gorgeous little creature. I can't imagine what the next 6 months will hold for me.

Will I still be madly in love with my girl?

Will I still enjoy her the way I do now?

Whatever the answer, whatever the outcome, I look forward to continuing this journey.

No comments:

Blog Archive