Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday precious Anthony!
Happy Birthday to you!


I can't even fathom it, today my sweet little boy turns 10 years old! I can remember the day that you were born like it was yesterday. Pop-pop had the honor of calling me at work that evening to congratulate me on becoming an Aunt. That definitely was a day of firsts for many of us: You made Granny a great-grandmother, you made Pop-Pop and Mamamaw grandparents, Jenn became an Aunt Jenn and YOU made Mommy a Mom.

Mamamaw and Aunt Jenn drove all the way down to Georgia to meet you, I couldn't go with them because I had to work....but, I flew down the same night you came home from the hospital. What a beautiful newborn you were, soft sweet smelling baby skin and a head full of angel soft hair. Leaving you was so painful, all three of us cried as we drove back to Virginia, we knew that the next time we would see you, you would be double the size! But, we were so happy when Mommy decided to move back home to live with Mamamaw and me. We had so much fun together! At the time I was still a Senior in High School, when most of my classmates were going on dates or out at parties, I would rush home to see my Anthony James! I loved our times together, especially the evenings, after bath, I would put you in your p.j.'s, give you your evening bottle and we would take a nice long walk around the neighborhood. You would sit in the stroller, kicking your little legs...after our walk I would carry you upstairs and rock you to sleep, I loved those days. And look at you now, you have grown so tall and handsome and smart (I attribute that to your days with me!). But, no matter how big you get, and how old you are, you will still be my baby! I love you dearly Anthony James and am so thankful that God gave you to me!

No comments:

Blog Archive