Monday, July 12, 2004

Welcome to our Blog!

Thanks to my wonderful friend Bari, I have decided to create this Blog! So many times with so many different people, I am referring to an events that many have no clue about!! I can't always remember who I have told what to, so hence the creation of this blog. I know Dad, that is all the world needs, another blog! But I thought it would be fun, especially with so much going on. For instance, how many people knew that our Air Conditioning has been out for 4 days now? Yes Liz, it does get warm in Iceland, very warm. Thank goodness though today is overcast and 75. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean that there is no humidity. I have had to come up with creative ways to make dinners without using the stove. We found out, right before the 4th of July, that we are allowed to grill (end of last summer a flyer was sent to all the apartments saying no grilling). So last night it was Kielbasa and potatoes on the grill and Pasta salad. Tonight it will be marinated pork chops, left over potatoes and pasta salad. I really am hoping that they fix this A/C thing by tomorrow b/c I can't think of anything else to put on the grill. After 4 days in a row, we are a little burnt out by hamburgers and hot dogs.

So far our summer is going smoothly though. Derek is enjoying relaxing evenings gaming with his good friends Phil and Scott. As always he is planning his next electronics project ~~ right now it is building another P.C. to hook up to the 46" T.V. which he will use as a monitor! And ofcourse he is loving being the "Grill Master" again. I have been becoming more and more domesticated and have picked up more craft projects. I am keeping up with my scrapbooking and trying to keep up with my crocheting. Bari, the same friend who introduced me to this Blog has also taught me how to make cards. She actually runs her own business that makes cards and invitations, she makes the most beautiful things! As far as summer travel, I leave next Tuesday for home to spend time with my Mom, sisters, and nieces and nephews. Derek will join me that Friday, then on Saturday is the annual "July Julibee". Then on Sunday is the Long Family Reunion. I am so excited about going home and all the family events.

As I write this, once again I am assuming that everyone is caught up on the events of our lives. For those of you who talk to us frequently, this little paragraph will seem boring to you. For those of you whom we have lost touch with over the past couple years or even months, here is a quick rewind over the past 18 months..........On December 28, 2002 Derek and I were married in Fairfax, VA. Thanks to my wonderful friend Heather's expertise (who by the way will be starting her own Wedding Planning business soon, check back for details later) we had a beautiful ceremony. From there I moved to Clifton Park, New York (located outside of Albany) also known at the time as the Frozen Tundra. No joke, there was 21" of snow when we arrived. Remember, I left warm(er) Springfield, VA where it snows only once in a blue moon! When we arrived in New York I took 2 weeks off from looking for a job to "de-bachlorize" the apartment. I then started working at "The Agency" as a Adoption Assistant (that to is a great story!). Derek works at ******* as an Mechnical Engineer and has been for the past 5 years. To go even further back in time, Derek and I met over 10 years ago while I was working at Family Christian Stores. We stayed great friends through High School, remained close during College and considered each other Best Friends after he moved to New York. God just had a wonderful plan for us, it is like God made him especially for me and me for him. So, now everyone is caught up! Wow, I could just go on and on but to hear about our first year of marriage, you will just have to call me.

Well, I hope everyone has enjoyed my first entry. There will be several more to come in the future, I hope everyone continues to read it!

No comments:

Blog Archive