Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Neglectful

I'm neglectful.

NaBloPoMo ended on Thursday along with any posting on this site. But Thursday was also the day we closed on the house which if you're playing along at home, you'll recall the house is a fixer up. When you're OCD and you buy a fixer up one tends to go a little above and beyond with the fixing up you see. I've been over at the house painting, along with my amazing patch work of a painting crew (aka: friends and family I've begged and pleaded to help) from dusk to dawn. I wake up, say good morning to Camille and head out to the house painting until D's Mom calls saying dinner is ready. Rush back to the apartment, eat, leave and stay until midnight. By the time I return back to the apartment I'm lucky that I have the energy to shower and climb into bed only to start back all over again.

But the last two days have been different. I've taken it a bit slower. The painting is more than halfway done and I'm more than halfway missing my daughter. The one thing I've learned from this whole experience is that I'm not cut out for working full time. I don't like seeing Camille for only 3 hours a day. Monday I stopped my insane routine and took her to library time. We came home and I left to work but when I returned for dinner I just couldn't get myself to leave. I had only been with her from 8-12 and it just wasn't enough. As I sit here typing this I know I need to get going. I only have 2 more rooms to paint, one of which just needs a second coat, but if I leave now I know I won't see her again for hours and I don't feel like I've spent enough time with her yet this morning, it's only 9:30 a.m.

But I will leave and get this house put together for her so she is no longer woken up by elephants trampling above her and soon this will just be a memory and we'll be back to normal, just like this site.

P.S. Next time I get a moment to sit down I'll post pictures and rant and rave about how filth, cast iron tubs and emergency plumbing, sounds exciting, huh?

No comments:

Blog Archive