Thursday, October 06, 2005

Open for Discussion

Believe it or not, the crapolla that has been on my mind this week, was not what was originally supposed to consuming me. Now that the whole car thing has been resolved (D ordered the new parts today) I now get to focus on the overbearing topic of how to quit my job. I have been putting it off for months now with the amazing ease and excuses. August excuse was that I wanted to make sure I was in the safe zone of the pregnancy until I speak about quitting. Septembers excuse was that I didn't want to give them to much time to stew in their frustration. And now? Well, we are obviously in October with, come Monday, only 10 weeks left before I deliver, not necessarily when I would want to stop working, that might come earlier dependent on how I feel. But all in all, this is most likely the deadline. And can you say stressed? In the beginning of this pregnancy I had every intention to continue working after the baby. I would cut back my hours though but still be in the office for an 8 hour stint. At the time, D was working a different job with a lower salary and I had a friend set up to babysit who I trusted. The tides have shifted since I was 12 weeks pregnant: D has a new job making much more than before so there is not such an urgency for me to return to work and my friend got pregnant and we are due within 2 weeks of each other. Needless to say she is not interested in caring for twins. As far as daycare? Yeah, they charge full price fee for a part time care leaving me owing more than what I would bring home. So, there are my excuses but not my main reasons for leaving. But these are the only ones they will comprehend....possibly. There is a part of me that would like to keep my foot in the door and work evenings, at home and do some in house stuff for them. That is what I would offer. As much as I despise the dynamics in this office, I feel like it wouldn't so bad if I work from a distance. But I know the stupidity of these people, they are unable to think outside of the box and will throw me into the pit of all the other pregnant women who "left them high and dry". It's not really the outcome I fear, it's the bringing the whole thing up that frightens me. I have considered doing it via email format but then I think it would be the equivalent of whimping out. So, I turn to you dear internet....solve my problems and tell me what to do.

And in the meantime, while I wait for your amazing advice, I will do some mindless things such as respond to Mary's tag, because things like that are fun to me:

THE RULES: List five songs that you are currently loving. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now.

1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
2. Sweet Baby by Michelle Featherstone

**these two songs I've been playing for Camille. She tends to kick more to song #1 which could mean 1 of 2 things: either she really likes it or she is kicking for me to turn it off. And the Sweet Baby song..it was played during the trailers for the show "Iconceivable" which surprisingly has turned out to be good except for the fact that it got a crappy time slot on NBC on Friday nights...thank goodness for my DVR.

Moving on:

3, 4, 5: the entire Swamp Ophelia CD by Indigo Girls. Can't stop listening to it even though it played the whole way to and from P.A. this past weekend.

Now, we are going to try something new when it comes to tagging others. I read a ton of sites per day. Never being the cool girl that fit in with the cool kids, I will risk blogger isolation and tag some new folks who don't even know I exist (and some who do!)

1. Steph...you know you're as bored at work as I am
2. Zoot....totally Ms. Popular, so NOT in her league but she did just recently mention how she loves doing these and how no one does them anymore...so there. And she's going to be designing a new background for me soon, she's kinda busy growing her baby at the moment.
3. Alyssa...my Australian reader who I never responded to when after she left such a sweet message about how cute my daughter to be was, I'm so rude!

No comments:

Blog Archive