Thursday, September 16, 2004

This week has been tough, plain and simply stated. Just the thought of loosing my father to this illness is just devastating to me. I can only imagine what my father is going through as he is the one living with this. His biopsy Wednesday went with out any problems, so that is one hurdle that we have gotten over. Now is the awful waiting part which won't end until September 23 ~ it will be a long long week, I am so scared! Ironically, my director is going to be walking along the Boston Marathon for the Jimmy Fund for cancer research. If any of you are wondering what you can do, here is your chance to support a great cause and help find a cure so no one else has to experience this. To support my director go to the Jimmy Fund website. This link should bring you directly to her fundraising page, her name is *****. But if it doesn't bring you there, click on the link that says "Support a Walker", you should see a box prompting you to enter the Participants name, put *****, then click search. You will then see below another dialogue box with ***** name inside of it ~ click on her name, the rest you should be able to walk through yourself. If you would like, you can make the donation in honor of my father, ***** and my dear friend, Ms. Cindy VanAnterwerp, who lost her battle with cancer 12/2003 ~ this is what I have done! Hurry though, the walk is this Sunday so don't forget!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got off the phone with my Dad and I will tell you, I feel a heck of a lot better about this than I did last week. He put things in a good perspective, we don't know anything, so I need to stop dwelling on the worst. He says the prognosis goes 3 years ~ 10 years ~ 20 years, we will know for sure which one in a week, Russian Roulette in some ways, huh? I guess I am prepared for the worst case scenoria, I think it is the best I can do but in the back of my mind I am obvioulsy hoping for the 20 years. Seeing my Dad in his role as Pop-pop to my nieces and nephews makes me look forward to having my own child and see them enjoy this relationship as well. I have only known 1 of my grandparents, my Granny whom I adore but I want my kids to be able to have memories of both my parents and be able to appreciate them the way that I do. But, again, I can't and won't dwell on the worst. Chin up, Stiff upper lip!

No comments:

Blog Archive